DreadBall: sito ufficiale e conto alla rovescia

Il nuovo, sanguinolento, e superfrenetico sport futuristico targato Mantic Games.
GGM
Power Wargamer

Re: DreadBall: sito ufficiale e conto alla rovescia

Post by GGM »

E' arrivato il regolamento via pdf
lorenzo
Administrator

Post by lorenzo »

E cosa puoi dirci? C'è molto spazio dedicato alle chiacchere, o è tutto regole?
As Known As: jorghe
WarGamesForum.it - L'unica mossa vincente è cominciare a giocare!

Costruire un Proton Pack dei Ghostbusters! - Trova Corsi di Formazione
GGM
Power Wargamer

Post by GGM »

Ci ho dato solo un'occhiata veloce perchè non avevo tempo.
Niente fuffa, praticamente solo regolamento.
MaoDantes
Unstoppable Wargamer

Post by MaoDantes »

ottimo!
quindi quando avrai tempo ci puoi dare un'idea delle parti che ti sono piaciute di più e di quelle che ti son paicaiute di meno?
Ho una gran curiosità per la parte relativa ai "falli" ed al comportamento dell'arbitro
RUNNING to finish this one MODELLING + PAINTING challenge http://www.wargamesforum.it/pittura-mod ... tml#p33719

I miei lentissimi progetti in ordine di "vecchiaia"
O&G --> http://www.wargamesforum.it/pittura-mod ... runtaglick
Nani Abyssali --> http://www.wargamesforum.it/pittura-mod ... lit=abisso
Hellfathers and rebels --> http://www.wargamesforum.it/warpath-f15 ... t3506.html
GGM
Power Wargamer

Post by GGM »

Ecco le prime faq ed errata:

Errata

Page 36: Replace “Slam doubles opponent” with “Slam or Slamback doubles opponent”.

Page 65: Delete the reference to Guards on the Running Interference ability. Running Interference is Jack only.

FAQ

The following are dealt with in 3 steps rather than the more common 2. As well as a Question (Q) and an Answer (A) I’ve included a Discussion (D) section so that I can talk around the topic as needed. This might explain why a rule is as it is, the history of its development or the tactical implications among other things. The intention is to give you a better insight and understanding into the decisions behind the rules as well as the rules themselves.

Q: Can you Dash to get to the Subs bench? If so, what happens if you fail your Dash? Since there is no “penalty” for failing a Dash (no Armour roll, etc), does this mean you can always Dash for free to get on the Subs bench?

A: Yes, you can Dash to get on the Subs Bench, and yes this would mean that your final hex Dash to get off the pitch onto the Subs Bench would be without penalty.

D: Only the last hex you Dash would be penalty free, as you’d still fall over if you failed a Dash in a previous hex. I suppose this could be considered a loophole, though I can’t get excited about it as people very, very rarely move players off the pitch deliberately (to put this in context, I have never played in a game where it has been done). The rules allow for you to do this as some people may get protective of experienced players, especially if their opponent is clearly out to hurt them specifically. However, in practice there are two main reasons why this doesn’t happen a lot. Firstly the number of injuries generally means that you need to be moving players on, not off the pitch to keep a full team in play. Secondly, the scarcity of Team Action Tokens makes it unusual for this to be the best thing you could do with your limited resources. So, whilst you can indeed get 1 hex Dash to get into the Subs Bench without a down side, this hardly seems to be a problem.

Q: Are MVPs eligible for the Man of the Match award?

A: No. Neither are Free Agents.

D: The fans, the managers, the coaches, the players and even the guy selling the hot dogs all expect the MVPs to put on a good show. That’s why they get the big bucks. Man of the Match level of play is sort of a minimum requirement for their taking part, so nobody would think of awarding them the accolade. It’s just like saying they turned up – of course they’re good – they’re MVPs!

The idea of the Man of the Match is to recognise players who show promise and do stuff that isn’t expected – promising individuals who are worth watching out for next time. This also excludes Free Agents who are just there for the one match as they won’t be around next time. If they put on a good show then they’re likely to be picked up by one of the scouts who watch the games, so it’s worth trying their best, but they won’t be awarded the Man of the Match till they belong to a team full time.

Q: Is the Stand Up action the only action a knocked down player can perform?

A: Yes.

D: Unlike Judo which has a recognised floor fighting style, normal DreadBall assumes that players will be standing up to take part. Xtreme may well go a bit beyond this, you’ll have to wait and see :)

Note that although there are no other actions for fallen players to choose, there are a number of relevant abilities, eg Backflip and Roll.

Q: Under “Player Advancement” (p.57) the rules say “A play can only advance by a single rank after each game”. Does this mean that a player who scores 5 experience in his first game would advance to rank 2 after that game and would automatically advance to rank 3 after his second game (even if he doesn’t score any xp in that game)?

D: As the example on page 57 explains, experience points are not lost if they are not spent – they simply remain on the roster until he accumulates enough to “buy” the next level advancement. If he earned 10 experience in his first game he would be able to advance automatically more than once, but the remainder would sit on his roster (and be added to if he was that good/lucky) until it was needed. You could even leave him off the pitch entirely and he would still advance if he had enough points. Just imagine that he’s spent his whole time in training instead.

Q: When a Keeper Punts the ball it is supposed to scatter twice. Can a player (with proper facing and dice) attempt to catch the punted ball during the first scatter? The second?

A: Yes, and yes.

D: This is treated exactly as any other scatter for the purposes of catching the ball.

Q: A punt is a loss of possession, but the rules also say that if the ball ends up in your teams hands (p.32). Your rush is not ended after all. Does this caveat apply to Punt as well?

D: It actually mentions Punt as one of the actions this applies to in section 4 (bottom left of page 32). In fact, this caveat applies to every instance of losing the ball for the simple reason that if your team mate ends up with it then you haven’t really lost it after all :)

Q: Since Punt is a unique action, it is therefore not possible to do as a free action on a doubled pick-up correct?

A: No.

D: If it was possible to Punt as a free action for doubled Throws it would be listed. The term “unique” refers to it being available only to Keepers. However, other Keeper-specific actions and options are listed in the main rules where they apply. At least, they should be, and if they aren’t I’ll add them to the errata! In this case, it is written as intended.

Q: Can a Keeper move when he makes a Punt action?

D: I toyed with allowing movement for this, but in the end decided that it was already good enough without. The problem they have is usually more to do with opposing players standing where they want to punt it to, rather than from.

Q: With a Punt action, does a Keeper need an unblocked path to the location of the placed ball (as per a normal Throw)?

D: The Keeper uses his great strength to hurl the ball “up and over” his opponent’s heads, giving it a great range, but sacrificing accuracy.

Q: Does a player Running Interference have to make a Slam as a part of that action, or may they simply move their one hex in order to obstruct a throwing lane, or put an extra threat hex on an opponent, etc?

A: The Coach may choose to make just the move, just the Slam, or the move and the Slam together.

D: Ah, so you’ve noticed the options here. Running Interference is quietly rather powerful, though its real strength only comes out when you combine it with careful positioning. Early versions included more interactive interceptions, but they were rules-heavy and complex and nobody ever used them. This stripped down version allows even more subtlety whilst being very simple to explain and implement.

Q: Does a player who’s Running Interference have to Slam the opposing player whose action he is interrupting, or can he Slam anyone?A: Anyone. The interrupted player’s turn is over if they were successfully Slammed by the interfering Jack – not if the Jack Slammed a different player. However, the opposing team’s Rush is over if any of their players loses the ball as the result of Running Interference.

D: I hope this is clear. It seems self-evident to me, but is worth explaining just in case. If it’s still muddy then comment below and i’ll have another go at explaining it. The idea of Running Interference is to mess up the opposing play, which is just as doable by smacking about the player who is waiting in position to Strike as it is knocking down the ball carrier. This is why it allows the flexibility.

Q: Is there any downside to calling a foul when it isn’t one? If not, then as the onus is on the victim, calling every action a foul is the best way to ensure your opponent never gets away with any.

A: Not really. Although there is no rules-related downside to shouting foul at every action, you do need to know what foul you are calling (because they work differently).

D: If you didn’t see it, then what are you asking the Ref to check for? Who are you asking to be sent off? There is no such thing as a generic foul and you’ll have to say which foul you are calling before you can make the roll. Mostly though, it would just be the kind of hugely annoying, game-slowing, fun-sapping behaviour that would make me want to avoid playing that person again. Whilst it is technically not outside the rules, I can’t say I’d recommend it.

Q: Can I have more than 14 players in my team if I don’t deploy them in the reserves box? If I can’t it means I’ll always have to have 13 players if i want to take an MVP at all. What about Free Agents? A full team won’t be able to take advantage of an underdog bonus no matter how large the gap might be, encouraging players not to max out their teams.

A: The 14 player limit on the roster includes both MVPs and Free Agents.

D: Managing this limit is all part of the tactics and is one of the hard choices you have to make as a Coach. Do you leave a slot for an MVP or fill up our roster with your own players? Do you leave 2? What about Free Agents? Well underdogs are usually smaller teams (until the league is quite well developed) so this is less of an issue initially. It can be a problem though, and as before you have to make hard choices. Remember though that the underdog bonus is also usable to buy MVPs so you don’t really need to make 2 decisions, just one – how many slots are you leaving for players that you cannot develop on your own. As teams progress and gain their own veterans they will find MVPs less useful as a prop, and so a team may go from having a partly empty roster when they start, to having 12 or 13 players and leaving a slot or 2 for an MVP when they can afford one, to having a full roster of their own players and just using MVP auctions as a way of denying them to their opponents watching them squirm as they drive up the price.

Q: Can a Coach who already has 14 players on his roster still bid for MVPs?

D: Bidding is one thing, putting them into play on the pitch is quite another. As it says on page 60 (right hand column, 2nd paragraph), you can bid on MVPs that won’t play for your team. This could be because they just don’t like you, or it could be because your team roster is full. In either case, you bid as normal, and if you win you pay for them, but you are paying them NOT to play (for anyone else). This is therefore a denying tactic for those Coaches with deep pockets.

Q: If an upright ball carrier is sent off the pitch how is the ball relaunched? This situation can happen in two ways that I can think of:

1) The ball carrier is the one randomly selected to be sent off.

2) He is a Jack or Keeper with the Steady ability and has failed an armor check.

Does it scatter from where the ball carrier was, or is it relaunched?

A: Scatters from the ball carrier’s last position on the pitch.

D: think of it as if the player just disappeared – the ball falls to the floor and bounces away. Throughout DB the ethos is to just carry on from where things were with the sole exception of relauncing the ball after a Strike. This relaunch is partly a chance to give possession to the other side and thus make a more exciting game (the DGB loves exciting games), and partly an excuse to change the balls over as they get so damaged in use. This stops them disintegrating in play more often than they do (see the Event cards).

Q: Can I score a Strike during my opponent’s Rush?

D: This can happen a number of ways, none of which are terribly common, but they do happen and can even be planned for by cunning Coaches. This centres around the ball scattering or being launched, and a player from the non-Rushing team being in the way and doubling their catch. This gives them a free action which must be taken immediately and could be a Throw, which in turn could be a Strike – hence scoring in their opponent’s Rush. So far, so good. This is all fairly simple.

The two most common questions after this are what happens to the ball and does this end the Rush? Well the ball is relaunched, just as it is after any other Strike. Again, fairly obvious really. The ball has to be relaunched otherwise you can’t carry on.

Ending the Rush or not causes folk a bit more trouble, though even this is pretty easy when you break it down. The original player only loses the Rush if he would have done so anyway (ie, if the opposing player had not caught the ball). So, if one of his players dropped the ball which scattered into the opposing player’s hands for the Strike then his Rush would have ended because he just dropped the ball and lost possession. It ends regardless of whether the opposing player scores a Strike or not.

On the other hand, if the ball is launched straight into their opponent’s hands then the Rushing team never had possession so they cannot have lost it. If the opposing player chooses to retain the ball rather than Throwing it then the Rush would just continue. If they Throw a Strike then the ball is relaunched as always and the Rush carries on. Similarly, if the ball is launched, bounces off a Rushing Guard (or other Rushing player who is not allowed to make an attempt to catch it) and into the hands of an opponent then the Rushing team has never had possession. If a Rushing player knocks down an opposing ball carrier and the ball scatters into the hands of another opposing player then the Rushing team still never had possession of the ball. Even if a Rushing Guard moves into a hex containing a loose ball (a move that will scatter the ball immediately) then the Rushing team never had possession and so this will not end his Rush.
faldarin
Nuovo Wargamer

Post by faldarin »

reVenAnt wrote:Ecco il link apparso nell'ultima newsletter Mantic Games : http://www.dreadball.com/

Da tenere d'occhio tra poco più di 18 giorni!
Il gioco è in prevendita per i negozi da metà ottobre. C'è il problema che è un gioco nuovo, molti negozi, giustamente, stanno aspettando l'uscita del gioco. Ma per come il progetto è stato lanciato, senza pre-ordini in Italia non arriverà mai, se non poche scatole.

Che ne dite di andare dai vostri negozi di fiducia e insistere su un bell'ordine?
girategli questo link: http://eshop.giochinvendita.it/store/in ... 12_321_327 oppure possono contattarmi a questa e-mail distribuzione@bakufu.it

Ciao
Andrea
Distributore italiano di Infinity, FireForge Games e Deus Vult, Wargames Factory, Dadi & Piombo, Impetus, Micro Art Studio, Operation Squad, Assault Platoon e Operation Squad Modern
http://www.giochinvendita.it
Saint of Killers
Global Moderator

Post by Saint of Killers »

faldarin wrote: Il gioco è in prevendita per i negozi da metà ottobre. C'è il problema che è un gioco nuovo, molti negozi, giustamente, stanno aspettando l'uscita del gioco. Ma per come il progetto è stato lanciato, senza pre-ordini in Italia non arriverà mai, se non poche scatole.

Che ne dite di andare dai vostri negozi di fiducia e insistere su un bell'ordine?
girategli questo link: http://eshop.giochinvendita.it/store/in ... 12_321_327 oppure possono contattarmi a questa e-mail distribuzione@bakufu.it

Ciao
Andrea
Ciao Andrea,
sono previste traduzioni del regolamento da parte vostra o dalla Mantic?
Chiedo dato che in genere i negozi non vedono di buon occhio i giochi disponibili solo in inglese...
reVenAnt
Administrator

Post by reVenAnt »

Saint of Killers wrote:
faldarin wrote: Il gioco è in prevendita per i negozi da metà ottobre. C'è il problema che è un gioco nuovo, molti negozi, giustamente, stanno aspettando l'uscita del gioco. Ma per come il progetto è stato lanciato, senza pre-ordini in Italia non arriverà mai, se non poche scatole.

Ciao
Andrea
Ciao Andrea,
sono previste traduzioni del regolamento da parte vostra o dalla Mantic?
Chiedo dato che in genere i negozi non vedono di buon occhio i giochi disponibili solo in inglese...
Mi accodo, condividendo l'osservazione!
MANTIC_ITALY
Nuovo Wargamer

Post by MANTIC_ITALY »

A chi interessato, da venerdì abbiamo in stock le prime uscite di Dreadball. Ai primi 15 che acquisteranno la scatola base regaliamo una miniatura del MVP!
http://www.steelmodels.com/DREADBALL.1.47.uw.aspx

Il tutto scontato del 10%

http://www.steelmodels.com
aspide79
Nuovo Wargamer

Post by aspide79 »

Ieri mi è arrivata la scatola ordinata tramite kickstarter!!!! :inlove:
Sto montando le miniature e a breve faccio il primo match!!!! :party:

Sono troppo contento!!!
che ne dite di visitare un sito super figo???
andate qua: http://mrcatastrofe.altervista.org
aspide79
Nuovo Wargamer

Post by aspide79 »

Ho partecipato al kickstarter di Dreadball con il livello Striker (150$). Mi è arrivata la scatola con le 4 squadre e i vari Mvp.
La scatola è ottima, quadrata con all'interno il tabellone di gioco e un bel manuale a colori!! Le miniature sono per me dei 20 mm circa, tutte di plastica e devo dire con molte poche bave da limare.
Mi manca di montare la squadra dei nani e poi passo alla pittura!!
Per le foto non sono un gran fotografo vedo quello che riesco a fare!

CIAO
che ne dite di visitare un sito super figo???
andate qua: http://mrcatastrofe.altervista.org
MaoDantes
Unstoppable Wargamer

Post by MaoDantes »

sinceramente pensavo che nel boxone di partenza mettesero una versione "leggera" del pdf stampata bene ma non harback ... bella sorpresa!

Mi raccomando una bella recensione e prime impressioni giocate, magari con una partita per ogni squadra... mi aspetto stili di gioco e "difficoltà" per tutti i team (forse tranne gli umani che mi sembrano i meglio bilanciati)
RUNNING to finish this one MODELLING + PAINTING challenge http://www.wargamesforum.it/pittura-mod ... tml#p33719

Hellfathers and rebels --> http://www.wargamesforum.it/warpath-f15 ... t3506.html
Jericho_One
Wargamer Senior

Post by Jericho_One »

parziale rettifica: il manuale è stampato bene e di grande formato ma è brossurato, il riferimento a KoW era per le dimensioni, non il classico libretto di regole gratuite insomma.

altra nota: le minia non sono 20mm. Sicuramente dei 25, ma probabilmente dei 28 normalissimi. Sembrano identiche ai Forge Fathers Veteran in restic per capirci, appena ne ho una montata spero di fare una foto.

E' vero però che, non so bene perche, tutti i pezzi in restic mi sembrano piu piccoli
GGM
Power Wargamer

Post by GGM »

Arrivato anche a me il materiale kickstarter.
Nessun regolamento in italiano?
reVenAnt
Administrator

Post by reVenAnt »

Al momento no, siamo in attesa di una risposta sia da Bakufu, sia dalla stessa Mantic Games a proposito di eventuali traduzioni italiane.

Per il momento tocca ripassara inglese!
Saint of Killers
Global Moderator

Post by Saint of Killers »

Jericho_One wrote:
E' vero però che, non so bene perche, tutti i pezzi in restic mi sembrano piu piccoli
potrebbe non essere solo una tua impressione,
i modelli in restic si ritirano un pò durante l'indurimento quindi lo stesso stampo usato per metallo o restic produce due risultati differenti, i modelli in restic saranno più piccoli di quelli in metallo
MaoDantes
Unstoppable Wargamer

Post by MaoDantes »

e quindi solo se si vuole avere un look omogeneo conviene considerare le squadre di DB come fornitrici di parti di conversione per WP (i forge fathers son troppo + muscolari in DB che in WP :rofl: )