In arrivo il prossimo KS, fantasy e sci-fi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... qZ477N1MRs
gianni
Unstoppable Wargamer

Re: shieldwolf miniatures: war is coming

Post by gianni »

Beh seguo...
Titoli onorifici: Gianni il Bardo

Sto giocando a: Middle-Earth SBG, Kings of War, Firefight.

Sto dipingendo: Lothlorien, Warhammer Quest (1995), Northern Alliance, Asterians.
Nizar
Wargamer Senior

Post by Nizar »

A me paiono proprio brutti 'sti modelli...
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

Titoli onorifici: TUTAN BALDON (quello che porto con più orgoglio);
GRUDGEBEARER ETERNAL (conquistato sul campo di Tilea);
fu SAN BALDO DA BRUXELLES
POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Giochi a cui sto giocando (si fa per dire, ovviamente): Kow Armada; Cursed City; Rangers of shadowdeep; WHFB; Mighty Empires; SAGA (Age of Magic e Age of Crusades)

Pittura in corso:
Kislev: arcieri kisleviti a cavallo (7); Conti vampiro: scheletri (10);
Scenici: osservatorio del teschio; Bretonnia: 12 cavalieri appiedati, 3 pellegrini del graal; Mighty Empires: 3 segnalini eserciti, 3 segnalini nave, 1 segnalini città, 4 segnalini villaggio, 3 segnalini drago

Miniature dipinte 2024:
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

È partito il KS. Mi pare molto lentamente.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... escription
POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Giochi a cui sto giocando (si fa per dire, ovviamente): Kow Armada; Cursed City; Rangers of shadowdeep; WHFB; Mighty Empires; SAGA (Age of Magic e Age of Crusades)

Pittura in corso:
Scenici: osservatorio del teschio; Bretonnia: 12 cavalieri appiedati, 3 pellegrini del graal; Mighty Empires: 3 segnalini eserciti, 3 segnalini nave, 1 segnalini città, 4 segnalini villaggio, 3 segnalini drago

Miniature dipinte 2024:
gillian
Power Wargamer

Post by gillian »

Ma non ho mica capito. E' un progetto fantasy, sci fi o entrambi?

G.
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

gillian wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 8:03 Ma non ho mica capito. E' un progetto fantasy, sci fi o entrambi?

G.
Entrambi
gillian
Power Wargamer

Post by gillian »

Non mi è chiaro Nella stessa scatola ci sono i componenti x la versione fantasy e sci fi?

G.
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

no, credo che si tratti di due set distinti.
Ho constatato con una certa qual sorpresa che si sono molto avvicinati all'obiettivo minimo. Chissà che questa volta non ce la facciano.
POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Pittura in corso:

Miniature dipinte 2024:
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

Stavolta gliela fanno credo. 2300€ dall'obiettivo minimo.
POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Pittura in corso:

Miniature dipinte 2024:
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

Gliel'hanno fatta. Con 19 giorni ancora davanti
POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Pittura in corso:

Miniature dipinte 2024:
gillian
Power Wargamer

Post by gillian »

Secondo me sono dei burloni. Hanno cancellato anche questo :D :D :D :D :D :D

G.
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

ci sono "strane" voci in giro:
https://spikeybits.com/2017/10/plastic- ... odels.html
dovrebbero dare delle spiegazioni su KS.
POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Pittura in corso:

Miniature dipinte 2024:
Saint of Killers
Global Moderator

Post by Saint of Killers »

Baldovino I wrote: 5 Oct 2017, 17:16 ci sono "strane" voci in giro:
https://spikeybits.com/2017/10/plastic- ... odels.html
dovrebbero dare delle spiegazioni su KS.
ma infatti dovrebbero stare piu' attenti, e' ovvio che se provi a sfruttare qualche somiglianza con la roba esistente c'e' il rischio di finire nei guai
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

Per chi fosse interessato. Scusate, ma il tempo di fare il riassunto non ce l'ho

What you could not possibly have known is the number of people who messaged us mainly here on Kickstarter (but also on our FaceBook page) stating they were interested on the Sisters of Faith alone and that's the only reason they had pledged. Which to us meant that the number we were seeing was probably a false one and not rappresentative of what the pledges were actually for! Yeah, big alarm bell on the horizon.
Also important, after a few days of the project having launched (and funded) we received an email apparently from a company that believed that in some way we violated their IP rights. I write "apparently" because we trust this to be a false email for reasons I'll get back to later. I called up Dimitrios (no, not the person whose usually communicating with you guys, my lawyer whose firm is behind us) and he said he doubted this was a legitimate email because while it had some legal terms, it didn't look to him like something that would be sent from a company of that size. Regardless, he forwarded all documentation from O.B.I (Οργανισμός Βιομηχανικής Ιδιοκτησίας) which is in Marousi,Athens and stands for Organism of Industrial Property, plus all documents from EUIPO we had collected (that's the European Patent Office for EU protection and is located in Spain). The email was a "no-reply" and perhaps wasn't delivered.

We proceeded in the next days assessing the new situation and no longer thinking of the email, when a second email arrived. Again Dimitrios sent the same response and again no reply. Thinking it was a hoax, we proceeded in sending an email to the company itself to ask for clarifications. There too, we had no reply.

In the meanwhile, we witnessed a drag and ultimately a stall in the project itself. The value for money according to us is always good to start with and we will only add as many "freebies/bonuses" as logistics allow us. Current state of funding didn't allow absolutely anything else to be placed atop, so we were basicaly at a stand still.

Numbers no longer add up

There are two reasons for which I decided to pull the plug.

First and main reason, it is my responsability to ensure nobody loses a single dime when participating in a project I put MY name underneath it. If for some reason the emails were indeed legitimate (because, again, we have every reason to believe those were never legitimate emails and the company allegedly associated with that is in reality not involved at all!), we would end up in court. Fine, let's go to court, we respect everyone else's IP rights as much as we demand that they respect ours.
But... having tied up the finances of the company in the cofunding of the project, making no profit out of this at all -which theoretically could be used elsewhere- and never expecting precedent earnings to guarantee future ones in the coming future (I never expect that, or at least I never base anything on that logic, it simply doesn't hold water), I might find myself however all of the sudden not able to finance the actual procedures.
On top of that, the sums that EUIPO charges in order for us to have the papers in hand. They (EUIPO) are not illogical, but the amounts certainly add up when all of the sudden your finaces become tight. To give you some numbers (I did say that I would try to be as thorough as possible) a single miniature costs 350 euros for a single state and can go up to 850 euros for European coverage with all the paperwork and other expenses, and then we had sprues that are more complex, double that since there would have probably been two different ones and then multiply by two as there was fantasy and science fiction versions. After nine (9) items, from ten (10) till fifty (50) they provide a discount, and after one hundred (100) even more, but that was never going to happen anyway, I'm just mentioning some things you might find interesting. Anyway, back to the situation, one must remember that what we have done is all Work in Progress, there's no way we could have deposited something officially at the Office in Spain since the slightest change alters the whole process. Not to talk of the sprues that take months to materialize. It is after all what crowdfunding is meant to be about. So all this would have needed to potentially take place.
Numbers suddenly don't add up. I don't "play" when numbers don't add up, especially when I have other people's hard earned money and trust deposited in my hands. Nor am I ever allowed to spend it on absolutely anything else it wasn't destined for. It is my responsability to know that all this is going to work 100% and when things don't look good stop the game before someone gets injured as a matter of speaking. I stopped the game and -just like the Shieldmaidens- I would do so again. It is the right thing to do.
Second reason is that the project was set up wrong. I assume full responsability for that. People, well, we all have the tendency to ask for the sky and the stars and the galaxy and if possible literraly everything else our mind can visualize, but what we were seeing here was not irrational. It simply showed that what the project was providing was not meeting most of the backers expectations. I write backers and not referring to people "on the fence" or near the bench or whoever hadn't actively placed a single buck in the project's funding, for obvious reasons. When you get that many messages, you simply can't ignore them all unless funding somehow keeps augmenting (which wasn't happening). We structured based on a result that is no longer valid. That is my fault as I was the one who gave the green light to work this way.
One more lesson for me (and my team I guess) is that we are trying to please too many people, we add more and the result is everybody gets less.
POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Pittura in corso:

Miniature dipinte 2024:
Baldovino I
Global Moderator

Post by Baldovino I »

POPE of THE OLD WORLD
SAN PAPOWSKY DI TOW

Pittura in corso:

Miniature dipinte 2024:
Jehan
Power Wargamer

Post by Jehan »

hanno cancellato pure quelle fantasy, se ho capito bene.

peccato perchè sarebbero stato buone shieldmaiden per gli Stormlanders di Trudvang
Chaos has just become the inept cartoon villain who never quite managed to pull off a plan because the stormcast eternals show up and kick their asses, the sort of character that ends every show shaking his fist at the sky saying "I'll get you Sigmar..." 

Ho letto vagamente ora qualcosa sulle animacce della gente morta che si reincarna nel nuovo mondo, così puoi giocare con gli stessi personaggi anche se il mondo è finito, che roba ignobile